About this policy
“Personal data or personal information” means any information relating to you as an identifiable individual. This includes information that you tell us, what we learn from you and the choices you make about the marketing you want us to send to you.
We are RR Luxury Connoisseur Ltd. Our registered office is at The Cottage, 2 Castlefield Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 0SH United Kingdom.
RR Luxury Connoisseur Ltd Customer Service department
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: The Cottage, 2 Castlefield Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 0SH United Kingdom.
Telephone number: +44 (0)207 846 4610
What personal data do we collect?
We only use your personal information where you have given us your consent, where it is necessary to deliver the services you have requested, where it is necessary to exercise or comply with legal rights or obligations, or for normal business purposes of the kind set out in this policy. In particular, we can collect your personal data when:
- you use our website or apps
- you use our services
- you visit our offices
- you talk to us on the phone
- In emails or letters to us
- If you take part in our competitions or promotions on social media
- you give us feedback
The information and data you give us could include categories such as, but not limited to, your name, work or personal address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, gender, financial and/or credit card information, passport or driving license information, national ID number, personal description and/or photograph, as well as customer data, payment data, employee data and/or website user data.
When you enquire about our services
When you request or book a flight, yacht, cargo, concierge or additional services with us you will be required to provide us with certain information including your contact, payment details and financial information.
We will use your information to check with you if you want to complete the booking, re-book or enquire or need further assistance with your flight or yacht charter, cargo, concierge or any other services contracted.
When you supply other people’s data
If you are travelling with other people or booking a flight, yacht, cargo, concierge or other additional services for other people, we will require some personal data about them for example their name, date of birth and passport information.
It is your responsibility to ensure that anyone who you have provided personal data about is aware and happy that you have done so and is aware of how we use and process their information.
When you visit our website or app
When you visit our website or app, even if you do not make an enquiry, we will automatically collect certain information such as your IP address, operating system details, browser details, referrer website and website activity. This information is collected anonymously and may not be connected to your personal information.
If you are using a mobile device, we may collect data that identifies your mobile device, location details and any specific settings.
For more information, please see our Cookies Policy using the link below
When you request to receive our email newsletter, vote in a poll, or request a whitepaper, report or directions
We collect your email address, name and the website you requested our newsletter from and the information you have requested. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time using the Unsubscribe link on any email.
When supplied by a helicopter or aircraft operator or yacht provider
If you (the operator) provides us with personal data regarding your staff or crew then it is the operator’s responsibility to ensure that anyone who you have provided personal data about is aware and happy that you have done so and is aware of how we use and process their information.
When you apply for a job at RR Luxury Connoisseur
If you apply for a job at RR Luxury Connoisseur we will collect, use and store your personal data in relation to your application and subsequent RR Luxury Connoisseur careers.
Data from third parties we work with:
We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other services we provide. We also work with third parties (including, but not limited to business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising and marketing networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and social networks such as, but not limited to LinkedIn Instagram, Facebook Tweeter and WhatsApp) and may receive information about you from them.
How your personal data is used:
Your privacy is protected by law.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purpose for which we will use your personal data:
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data and information. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate:
- Flight and yacht charter, Cargo and Concierge enquiry, booking and flight process: We will use your personal data to provide to you the services that we sell, which may include flights, and additional products we offer. We need certain information about you, so we can fulfil our obligations contained in the contract that you enter into with us when you book a flight or additional products.
- User accounts: When you set up an account on our website or app, the information you provide allows us to offer you services such as the ability to manage your own bookings and personal settings.
- To communicate with you in relation to your enquiry or booking: We will use the contact information you have previously shared with us to communicate with you in relation to your flight, yacht, cargo, concierge or additional services enquiry or booking.
- Customer services: We will use the information that you have provided via email, phone, or through our website, to help us answer any questions and respond to your queries (along with any future enquiries that you may have).
- Personalisation: We will use information we hold about you, such as the products and services you have purchased from us in the past, to make suggestions to you for other products which we believe you will also be interested in.
- Marketing: If you have opted in to receive marketing communications, We will keep a record of the products and services you have previously purchased or enquired and use that information to target advertising on this website to you that is relevant to your interests. . You can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by contacting our customer service department or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email newsletters we send you.
- Corporate transaction: We will use your data in connection with a corporate transaction such as the sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale.
- Promotional activities: If you participate in our promotions (such as polls or competitions) we will use the information you provide to administer these activities.
- Recruitment and employment: If you apply for a job at RR Luxury Connoisseur, we will retain your data throughout the recruitment process. If you are successful and are offered a role at RR Luxury Connoisseur, we will hold your data in accordance with staff contracts.
- Improving our services: We will retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to improve and understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive.
Legal basis for processing personal data
In some circumstances we can use the personal data described above if it is in our legitimate interest to do so, provided that we have told you what that legitimate interest is. A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information which, when balanced against your rights, is justifiable. If we are relying on our legitimate interests.
Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground, we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground as follows:
- Performance of a contract: we will use your information to perform our obligations under a contract with you. For example, if you make an enquiry or booking with us, we will use the information that you provide us with when making the booking to complete and administer your request with the relevant third-party suppliers.
- Consent: If you have given us consent to contact you for marketing purposes, we will rely on this when contacting you with marketing information. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us, and by using the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of email newsletters that we send to you.
- Legal requirement and vital interests: In some cases, we will have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you (for example to comply with local customs regulations) which may require us to collect and retain records of products and services that we sell.
Who we share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with any of the following organisations, for the purposes of providing the services which you have requested from us, these can include:
Aircraft operators, yacht owners, cargo, concierge and other suppliers: If you charter a flight, yacht, cargo, concierge or purchase additional services with us, it is necessary for us to share your data with relevant third parties to complete your booking. This may include your name, contact details, the names and ages of anyone travelling with you, along with any preferences or special circumstances you told us about when you made your booking.
Third party service providers: This includes anyone who provides services or functions on our behalf, including business administration, accounting (including payment processing), marketing, customer feedback, analytical, legal compliance, quality assurance or technical development. Our technology providers and IT developers may use your data to fix website issues or develop new features to improve the RR Luxury Connoisseur website. We use these service providers to process your data on our behalf. They have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use information for any other purpose. Where we provide data to third party service providers for them to provide data analysis or statistical services for us, we will only ever send them aggregated, anonymised or pseudonymised data.
Payment providers and other financial institutions: If you request a chargeback for your booking, it may be necessary for us to share booking details with the payment service provider, payment processing provider and the relevant financial institution, so they can handle the chargeback. This may include a copy of your booking confirmation or the IP address that was used to make your reservation.
Legal entities: We may be required to disclose your data to third parties, such as Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, regulators and airports to which your flight may fly over for compliance with legal requirements, to enforce our terms and conditions or contractual agreements, or to protect the rights of RR Luxury Connoisseur. In the United Kingdom, Government authorities refers to HM Revenue & Customs, and other regulators authorities working jointly or separate acting as processors or controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Our website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice or policy of every website you visit.
Failing to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or for the purposes of providing the services we have contracted to provide to you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Any information that we hold about you is stored on our secure servers and all payment transactions are encrypted. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. Whilst we do our best to protect your personal data, no information transferred over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and you provide your information at your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Where possible we retain and store your data within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). However, data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA, including where we transfer your data to our suppliers so that they can provide services to you.
We shall not transfer any personal data to any country outside of the European Economic Area unless we ensure that such personal data is subject to an adequate level of protection and appropriate legal safeguards in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
Retention of your personal data
The length of time we will hold or store your personal data will depend on the services we perform for you and how long you require these, however we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements and for contractual performance.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your personal data rights below for further information.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data (for example, to provide products or services to you or to retain records to manage any claims which you or we may have in respect of the products and services we provide to you), we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your personal data rights
To exercise any of your rights below, please contact our customer service department at email@example.com. We will respond to all requests received from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
- Getting a copy of the information we hold: you can ask us for a copy of the personal information which we hold about you, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is known as a data subject access request.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- Correct, update or request deletion of your personal data: you have the right to question any information we hold about you that you think is wrong or incomplete or if you want to update your personal information. Please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com, if you want to do this and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it. [You can also update or change your preferences, personal details or profile by logging in to your account on our website and accessing the ‘Edit’ tab].
- Object to or restrict processing of your personal data: you have the right to:
- object to our use of your personal information (known as the right to object); or
- ask us to delete the personal information (known as the right to erasure); or
- request the restriction of processing; or
- ask us to stop using it if there is no need for us to use it (known as the right to be forgotten).
There may be legal reasons why we need to keep or use your data, which we will tell you if you exercise one of the above rights.
- Request portability of your personal data: you may ask us to transfer your personal information to a third party. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Opt-out of marketing communications: you can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email newsletters we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing then please contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Withdraw your consent for us to store or use your personal data: you can withdraw your consent to us using your personal information at any time. Please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com if you want to withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services.
- Complain to a data protection authority: you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Children’s personal data
Our websites and apps are not intended to be used by children under 18 years of age. We only process information about children with the consent of the parents or legal guardians.
Contacting RR Luxury Connoisseur
You can contact RR Luxury Connoisseur Ltd at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can write to: The Cottage, 2 Castlefield Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 0SH
Last updated:04 September 2020